All GOSS Solutions, whether a Platform, an Expansion, or one of the For Business or Enable It offerings, are delivered as cloud software services using a range of websites, intranets and online portals. This means you can start building and delivering services with any modern browser without having to consider any other software, hardware or technical requirements.
GOSS Solutions and Platforms can be used in all modern browsers and any operating system capable of running them. Our recommended browsers are:
- Internet Explorer 11
It is also possible to implement many of our solutions in your own hosting environment. If you would like to take this approach Contact Us and a member of the team will be happy to discuss the options with you.
The sections below provide an introduction to the minimum hardware and software requirements in your hosting environment, which may vary depending on the size of your site, type of database and predicted user traffic.
Web Server Minimum Specification
- Four Core CPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 10GB of disk space for GOSS applications
- Additional disk space allocated to accommodate downloadable media
Database Server Minimum Specification
- Dual Core CPU
- 4GB of RAM (as with all database driven applications, performance benefits come with more memory)
- 20GB of disk space allocated to accommodate the GOSS iCM database
GOSS applications are only supported within the runtime environment (Java and Tomcat) supplied by us.
Only 64 bit versions of the following operating systems are supported.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Linux (Kernel 2.6)
- IIS 7, 8 and 8.5
- Apache http 2.x
- Tomcat 7 (with Java 7)
- Microsoft .NET framework 4
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- PostgreSQL 9