UP TO £40K BASED ON EXPERIENCE
At GOSS our mission is to ensure our clients maximise their online potential. We do this by harnessing the best internet technologies to deliver innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage. To do this we have to stay on the leading edge of technology and innovation.
The GOSS Digital Platform helps to drive digital transformation within a wide range of public and private sector organisations across the UK, and each week more than 3 million people experience our work. Building software at scale is fun, challenging and changing constantly. We have helped our clients deliver new online services to their citizens including ferry disruptions, improved waste collection solutions as well complex integration into various 3rd party systems.
We are looking for Systems Analysts to join our relaxed and friendly team based in Plymouth.
As a GOSS Systems Analyst, you will work with both internal staff members on GOSS products and with clients and their stakeholders to fully understand and document business processes in order to identify the current and future challenges and requirements of the organisation, and define how GOSS products and/or bespoke developments can not only resolve problems but drive organisational improvements.
You will facilitate requirements gathering workshops, webinars, and use other elicitation techniques to ensure the requirements provide a complete picture of the solution needed. You will be responsible for identifying the right improvements, solutions, and functionality in order to improve processes and systems, increase efficiency and drive Digital Transformation across the service area and/or organisation. You will be expected to design the technical solutions and be able to effectively communicate them to both developers and clients. This will require knowledge and experience of software development environments and a high level knowledge of development languages, and a confidence to involve yourself in the build process.
You will actively ensure that the right level of modelling, collaboration, and documentation is achieved throughout the project to support all development, testing, support, handover, and continuous improvement needs. You will manage and support project teams through the development and support lifecycle of our products as well as implementing effective governance, issue and risk management.
You will have an analytical mind, and a knack for problem solving, excellent presentation skills and experience of working with all levels of an organisation from senior management to front line workers.
You can manage multiple projects at any one time and are able to visit UK clients on a regular basis. You use initiative to think on your feet, take responsibility to get things done whilst also understanding you are part of a bigger team. You will manage and support internal/external resources to ensure effective project delivery. You will provide direction and guidance that allows project team members to develop clear definition of project activities and deliverable tasks. You have skills and experience in designing and utilising software solutions. GOSS products are bespoke but built on standard industry languages and practices, and an understanding of development practice is essential.
- 3 years plus Systems Analyst experience
- Knowledge and experience of web technologies
- Successful examples of software designs created by you and seen through to implementation
- Demonstrable examples of client management skills such as requirements elicitation, formal presentations, expectation management, stakeholder analysis, risk and issue management and roll out planning.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum, Kanban and Jira
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises over 60 people. We are a growing software business based on the edge of Dartmoor. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces and Government) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
At GOSS, our values help us to achieve our goals as well as contributing to making GOSS a great place to work and develop.
- We treat GOSS like it is our company. We take ownership for getting things done. Each of us is responsible for the quality of everything we do.
- We work together as one team, committed to and focused on achieving our company's core objectives and delivering value to our clients and their customers.
- We enjoy what we do and we always operate with respect and trust, in an ethical way.
- We value innovation and creativity. Every experience is a learning opportunity.
- We actively support our communities through various events such as charity events and local industry talks.
- Flexible working hours and location
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for each full year of service up to a maximum of 36 days
- Company performance bonus
- Long service award
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to reduced rate fitness scheme
- Free refreshments
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV which you can find below.
Interviews will be via Teams with our Solutions Lead and a Senior Business Analyst which will last approximately 1 hour. You will be expected to be able evidence previous examples of your work.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion it is likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.