Software Bid Writer
Plymouth - Salary circa £20,000 to £24,000 plus commission - dependent on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Bid Writer to join the successful Business Development Team at GOSS. We are seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful team player to help win business by responding to complex PQQs, ITTs, RFIs and similar such proposal documents, frameworks, as well as other marketing collateral and white papers.
The job requires the individual to manage the response process from monitoring identified ITT notification sites and portals, ensuring proper clarification contact and qualification has taken place by the Sales team. Working closely with the Sales team as well as engaging with departments across the company to ensure that all qualified opportunities are completed within prescribed timescales and to the appropriate standards.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne.
What you'll do
- You'll monitor existing ITT publication portals for new opportunities, proactively identifying prospective new opportunities for tendering.
- You will work closely with the Bid Manager and Sales and Marketing Teams to ensure all opportunities are properly qualified, focused, developed and processed effectively.
- You will coordinate all parties involved in the bid process, ensuring everyone is aware of the level of contribution expected and any deadlines that are required to be met, organising meetings to get accurate, high quality information from internal and prospect stakeholders in order to produce bid collateral.
- You'll ensure that all aspects of the bid, including written documentation are of a high quality clear, concise and compelling.
- You'll edit proposal responses from a variety of internal stakeholders, typically involving contributions from Sales, Marketing, Developers, Finance, Legal and Delivery.
- You will work alongside the Bid Manager to maintain a library of high quality and effective bid collateral for use in future bids.
- You will manage documents in line with company branding.
- You will be responsible for timeline management to ensure the timely of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- You will work with the Sales Team to respond to additional post-submission clarifications, and co-ordinate post-bid reviews.
Who you are
- You must have at least 1 year's relevant experience in bid writing or relevant sales experience - ideally 2-3 years.
- You have outstanding written communication skills, a high attention to detail, with an excellent editing and proofing ability.
- You have a proven track record in responding to complex technical propositions in a clear and concise language.
- You can demonstrate experience of working with long and protracted Bid Management Campaigns.
- You have experience of bidding for public sector contracts - and it would be helpful if you also have experience of Government Procurement frameworks, such as G-Cloud.
- You have sound commercial awareness and understanding of commercial drivers.
- You are computer literate, have a broad understanding of key office technologies, and are able to confidently work with a range of data management tools and software.
- Your time management and personal organisation skills are outstanding, and you are used to delivering quality work whilst working to tight deadlines.
- It would be an advantage if you have appropriate Bid Writing qualifications.
- Preferably you are degree educated or equivalent.
- And finally, it would be an advantage to have some knowledge and experience of web content management, forms and /or business process mapping.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
This post is based in Plymouth, UK, with the opportunity for home working where appropriate. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.