Senior C# ASP.NET Web Developer
Plymouth - To £45k depending on experience - relocation available
We are looking for highly experienced Senior Developers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Development Team, currently around 30 people, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects often using the latest technologies means that you can really showcase your skills.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries, Caledonian MacBrayne and Virgin Trains. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work (we know, we've checked the logs)!
What you'll do
- Work in a matrix team environment, often in an agile way, with other Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects - some client-facing, others around product development.
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding software as efficiently as possible
- Coach and mentor colleagues
- Act as Technical Lead on projects
- Help our Sales Teams to win more business, providing estimations and technical advice for quotes and bids
- From time to time, deliver off-site consultancy, training and attend client meetings
Who you are
- You have demonstrable commercial experience developing ASP.NET websites using MVC and/or Web Forms with C#
- You possess strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- You are a strong developer in HTML and CSS, having a good understanding of semantic mark-up and accessibility
- You have a solid understanding of the software development process
- Ideally you may also know Java or be willing to cross train
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pensions and bonuses, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and support for personal development and fully funded professional training. View the full list of benefits here.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.