Senior C# ASP.NET Web Developer
Plymouth - To £45k depending on experience - Relocation available
We are looking for highly experienced Senior Developers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Development Team, currently around 30 people, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects often using the latest technologies means that you can really showcase your skills.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
What you'll do
As a Senior Developer you'll be responsible for:
- Working in a matrix team environment, often in an agile way, with other Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects - some client-facing and others around product development
- Contributing to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyone's common goal is to deliver outstanding software as efficiently as possible
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues
- Acting as Technical Lead on projects
- Helping our Sales Teams to win more business, providing estimations and technical advice for quotes and bids
- From time to time, you will be required to deliver off-site consultancy, training and attend client meetings
Who you are
The successful candidate should:
- Have demonstrable commercial experience developing C# ASP.NET websites using MVC
- Possess strong Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Be a strong developer in HTML and CSS, having a good understanding of semantic mark-up and accessibility
- Have a solid understanding of the software development process
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on-site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief