Temporary Project Manager
Plymouth - Salary up to £40k
There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, commercially-focused Project Manager to join our existing team of Project Managers, based at our offices in Plymouth. You will have significant experience of managing complex software projects, using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
What you'll do
- You will manage all aspects of multiple client projects simultaneously - from initiation through to handover to our Support Team.
- You will manage product development projects, working closely and effectively with all teams across the business, including Sales and Marketing, Finance, Business Analysts, Developers and our Support Teams.
- You will use either Agile or Waterfall project delivery methodologies as appropriate.
- You will be experienced in scheduling resources across multiple projects.
- You will work closely with Developers, Technical Leads and QA to ensure the quality of all project deliverables, and lead project reviews to ensure continuous improvement.
- You'll develop long-term, effective relationships with our clients, delivering first class service.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 3 years project management experience (including both agile and waterfall) in a software house (or similar) environment. Demonstrable, practical experience of agile is more critical than a formal qualification.
- You have proven experience of delivering complex projects, and of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a proven track record of working effectively with software development teams and have a good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- You have a good understanding and experience of risk management in software projects.
- You have a good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Project and Excel.
- You may have a professionally recognised Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2.
- Ideally you have experience of delivering projects around digital transformation.
- You are educated to degree level or similar, ideally in Software Engineering / Computer Science or Business.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK and is a full time position for an initial contract of 6 months.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief