Product Manager - New Role
Plymouth - Salary up to £40k
We are looking for an experienced Software Product Manager to take responsibility for driving forward existing and new products and services within the GOSS Digital Platform & GOSS Digital Transformation Services. Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for helping to define and deliver the vision and strategy for both. Internally you will work closely with our Digital Transformation, Sales, Marketing, Product and Solutions Development Teams, Project Management, Technical Author, Support, Training and Finance teams. Externally you will gather market, client and end-user requirements, ensuring that our proposition is and continues to be market-leading.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing digital agency - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne. Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work.
What you'll do
- You'll manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for all products and services within the GOSS Digital Platform & GOSS Digital Transformation Services.
- You will work with relevant parties to define and manage the product vision, strategy and roadmap. You will manage the product backlog/s.
- You will work with product owners, development and all teams across the business teams to deliver industry-leading products & services with input from customers, prospects, analysts and internal product experts.
- You will review and improve our existing NPI and existing product review process.
- You'll define and contribute to pricing, positioning, and sales/marketing collateral.
- You will measure the success of the product / service from multiple perspectives, including P&L.
- You will use either Agile or Waterfall project delivery methodologies as appropriate - managing multiple product development projects.
Who you are
- You have significant experience of software product management with demonstrable results.
- You have experience of collaborating effectively with sales & marketing, development teams, scrum masters, business analysts, project managers, support and training and finance teams.
- You have strong client and senior stakeholder engagement skills.
- You have strong communication and influencing skills.
- You are able to think strategically and see the bigger picture, but also to adopt a hand-on approach.
- You are commercially astute.
- You may have a professionally recognised Project Management qualification, such as PRINCE2 or an AGILE qualification.
- Ideally you have experience of digital transformation.
- Ideally you are educated to degree level or similar.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
This post is based in Plymouth, UK. Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.