New Business Development Manager (Public Sector)
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - COMPETITIVE SALARY BASED ON EXPERIENCE
As a permanent and full time New Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of new business opportunities for the company. This will include identifying sales leads within our markets, pitching our solutions and services to prospect clients and maintaining a good working relationship with new contacts. You will also play an instrumental part in the wider Sales Team, having key interactions with Account Managers, Marketing and Bid Writers. In this role there will also be an expectation to travel to meetings with prospect clients, event and exhibitions across the UK, a company car or car allowance is available as part of this role.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
This is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious sales professional looking to further enhance their skillset with one of the fastest growing technology companies in the industry. Not only does this role offer significant remuneration for excellent performance, but also a dynamic and innovative place to work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will be responsible for researching organisations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets.
- Follow up new business opportunities and set up new business meetings.
- Plan and prepare prospect client presentations.
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients.
- Work with the Marketing team in new business campaigns and the creation of sales collateral.
- Attend industry conferences, exhibitions and events.
- Develop quotes and new business proposals.
- Assist Bid Writers with new business bids and tenders.
- Ensure consistent delivery against agreed sales targets.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have successful experience in a Sales based role, preferably in selling digital and ICT software solutions.
- Have demonstrative negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate a tenacious can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates evidence of exceeding corporate goals and targets.
- Takes ownership and accountability for delivering at every stage of the sales process from prospecting to closing deals.
- Experience of influencing senior decision makers.
- Has an understanding of Public Sector procurement in the UK.
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme.
This role also provides a company car/allowance, a company laptop, company mobile/PDA phone.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.