New Business Development Manager (Public Sector)
As a New Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of new business opportunities for the company. This will include identifying sales leads within our markets, pitching our solutions and services to prospect clients and maintaining a good working relationship with new contacts. You will also play an instrumental part in the wider Sales Team, having key interactions with Account Managers, Marketing and Bid Writers. In this role there will also be an expectation to travel to meetings with prospect clients, event and exhibitions across the UK, a company car or car allowance is available as part of this role.
- Location: Plymouth (Home working opportunities are also possible)
- Salary: Competitive (Experience Dependent)
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Hours: Monday - Friday
At GOSS we provide a range of web and digital solutions to a variety of organisations, to support their need to move services online. With over 20 years of experience in this field, we have become market leaders in providing digital transformation solutions to a range of organisations within the UK's public sector. Notable clients include over 60 of the UK's local authorities, HM Treasury, NHS Digital and the Information Commissioner's Office.
This is the ideal opportunity for an ambitious sales professional looking to further enhance their skillset with one of the fastest growing technology companies in the industry. Not only does this role offer significant remuneration for excellent performance, but also a dynamic and innovative place to work.
Responsibilities of the Role:
In this role the chosen candidate will be responsible for the following tasks...
- Researching organisations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings.
- Planning and preparing prospect client presentations.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Working with Marketing in new business campaigns and the creation of sales collateral.
- Attending industry conferences, exhibitions and events.
- Developing quotes and new business proposals.
- Assisting Bid Writers with new business bids and tenders.
The Ideal Person:
- The ideal candidate for this role will need to be able to demonstrate a variety of the following qualities and skills...
- Have successful experience in a Sales based role, preferably in selling digital and ICT software solutions.
- Though not mandatory, an understanding of Public Sector procurement in the UK.
- A recognised skillset as a key influencer to senior decision makers.
- Have exceptional negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a tenacious can do attitude as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Is accustomed to achieving and exceeding corporate goals and targets.
- Is capable of taking ownership and delivering at every stage of the sales process, from prospecting to closing deals.
- Company Car/Allowance
- Mobile/PDA Phone
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working from Home
- Recommend a Friend Incentive
- Cycle to Work Scheme