Choosing the right Web Content Management System for the Public Sector
Nine questions every customer experience strategist must ask
For public sector organisations, a new web content management system (CMS) is one of the most critical investments you can make. The web has become central to public sector strategy as the 'digital by default' agenda comes to the fore and budget-strapped organisations look to shift more service delivery to lower-cost channels while maintaining service quality.
Equally, citizens and businesses are more connected than ever. Mobile devices provide always-on connectivity to the internet, and people increasingly prefer to self-serve over the web rather than interact by phone or in person. Public sector organisations need to be sure that the technology underpinning their web strategy can accommodate these trends today and as they develop over the next five years.
This ebook sets out the key questions to ask when choosing a new CMS, from a strategic, operational and technical perspective.
You can use it at the planning stage to help define your web strategy and priorities, and during the vendor selection process to ensure you get the best CMS to support your Channel Shift initiatives.
This document contains the key information for organisations looking to engage with customers on their website, increase channel shift: and see a significant return on investment. The ebook includes:
- Choosing a New CMS: A Critical Decision
- What is the purpose of your website?
- What strategic objectives will it deliver?
- Who are your customers - and what do they need?
- Who will create content for the site?
- What will make users fall in love with it?
- How will it be connected to your other services?
- Which license and hosting options are best?
- How will you measure success?
- What about the future?
- Best practice case studies