Plymouth (relocation available) - Permanent - to £40K depending on experience
We are looking to appoint a passionate, experienced and driven professional to join the organisation as a Business Analyst.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with external clients' stakeholders from all appropriate areas to clearly understand and where necessary document current business processes in order to define the nature of the business problem and the needs of the business. Document & communicate these effectively to relevant teams
- Identify and understand the future needs of the business. Really understand the processes that make up the business, things that are set in stone and things that can be changed in order to find the right solutions and functionality
- Analyse the business requirements, business rules, and constraints in order to identify the detailed requirements of the solution. The solution may be IT based and/or require a change in business process
- Actively ensure that the right level of modelling, collaboration, and documentation is achieved throughout the project
- Understand and gather requirements of operational teams; documenting the requirements.
- Identify and define scope, producing scope documentation
- Facilitate business workshops to drive out the requirements of the project and then produce the necessary documentation to commence design & development
- Demonstrate effective use of Business Analysis skills - producing cohesive functional requirements documents for business sign off
- Manage the project team to achieve the targets set by each initiative, and support, inspire, influence and motivate
- Implement effective governance, issue and risk management
- Provide direction and guidance that allows project team members to develop clear definition of project activities and deliverable tasks
- Manage internal / external resource to ensure effective project delivery
WHO YOU ARE
- You have excellent presentation skills and the ability to / experience of interacting with senior and higher management
- You have the ability to juggle multiple projects, and are comfortable with travelling on a regular basis
- You are self-sufficient and self-starting with initiative and ability to think on your feet however you're also a team player
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.