Social media for digital marketing - Understand Sustainability
In this forth part of using social media for digital marketing, I will look at understand sustainability.
In the last post I looked at how to Drive Transactions which looked at how social media interaction is more likely after a transaction.
This was set in the context of five key elements to consider:
- Increase Awareness: Do you want an increase in your brand awareness?
- Encourage Interaction: Do you want to encourage conversations, feedback or more content?
- Drive Transactions: What is your end goal?
- Sustainability: How can you ensure you keep to your timescales?
- Manage Risks: Do you know the risks?
Be aware of the effort required to successfully leverage social media, if you plan to initiate the activity you must sustain it. It won't do your organisation or brand much good with lots of abandoned accounts, conversations and projects scattered across the web. The projects you engage with will not last forever so make sure you have the plan in place to end them gracefully when you need to.
Read the next consideration, Social media for digital marketing - Manage Risks.
Read the previous consideration, Social media for digital marketing - Drive Transactions