Social media for digital marketing - Drive Transactions
In this third part of using social media for digital marketing, I will look at driving transactions.
In the last post I looked at how to Encourage Interaction by planning for and embracing virtual conversations as well as social media monitoring.
This was set in the context of five key elements to consider:
- Increase Awareness: Do you want an increase in your brand awareness?
- Encourage Interaction: Do you want to encourage conversations, feedback or more content?
- Drive Transactions: What is your end goal?
- Understand Sustainability: How can you ensure you keep to your timescales?
- Manage Risks: Do you know the risks?
Often the earlier two stages are just seen as the necessary journey towards your real goal of a transaction. If that is your strategy you have missed the most important aspect, this is "social" media. The audience is much more likely to push awareness and engage with your brand or organisation after a transaction than before it. Even after the transaction has taken place this flow of information to enable interaction and engagement needs to continue and getting this right is probably the most potent viral marketing tool available. However, just remember this can have a negative impact if you can't deliver.
Read the next consideration, Social media for digital marketing - Understand Sustainability.
Read the previous consideration, Social media for digital marketing - Encourage Interaction.