IT Trainer & Implementation Consultant
PLYMOUTH - UP TO £40K BASED ON EXPERIENCE
At GOSS our mission is to ensure our clients maximise their online potential. We do this by harnessing the best internet technologies to deliver innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage. To do this we have to stay on the leading edge of technology and innovation.
The GOSS Digital Platform helps to drive digital transformation within a wide range of public and private sector organisations across the UK, and each week more than 3 million people experience our work. Building software at scale is fun, challenging and changing constantly. We have helped our clients deliver new online services to their citizens including ferry disruptions, improved waste collection solutions as well complex integration into various 3rd party systems.
We are looking for an experienced IT Trainer and Implementation Consultant to join our relaxed and friendly team.
As our national IT Trainer and Implementation Consultant, you will be training and supporting the onboarding of our clients using our Digital Platforms, Products and Solutions. You will be responsible for ensuring that the onboarding is a success and that all service areas of the organisation are engaged and confident in using our application as well as suggesting ways to further utilise the offering across the organisation. You will design, create, maintain and update all course content and materials using the our documentation site as the source as well as managing training materials on the site and our corporate site. You will provide implementation support to clients throughout their project either onsite at the client's premises or via conference calls or webinars. You will promote GOSS best practice for use and implementation of our Digital Platforms, Products and Solutions and will also be the GOSS Community Manager. You will help to manage and promote our client community showcasing what our Platforms, Products, Solutions and Services have to offer.
You will have excellent communication, written and presentation skills and can teach confidently to all levels of an organisation. You can skilfully manage multiple projects and are self-sufficient with the ability to self-motivate and use initiative to think on your feet whilst also understanding you are part of a bigger team. You can prioritise and work to deadlines with minimal or no supervision and you can travel extensively to clients across the UK staying in overnight accommodation where necessary. You will have a passion for knowledge transfer and training, and can receive feedback constructively and if needed, take the necessary steps to improve. You are flexible, hard working and have great attention to detail to ensure all materials are presented in a professional manner. You are an experienced training professional who can represent GOSS at all levels and conduct yourself with integrity at all times.
- 3 years plus training, mentoring and coaching experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- General computing qualifications are advantageous but not essential
- Experience of training video creation and editing would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum and Jira would be beneficial
- Due to extensive travel, a full, clean and current driving licence is essential
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises over 60 people. We are a growing software business based on the edge of Dartmoor. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces and Government) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
At GOSS, our values help us to achieve our goals as well as contributing to making GOSS a great place to work and develop.
- We treat GOSS like it is our company. We take ownership for getting things done. Each of us is responsible for the quality of everything we do.
- We work together as one team, committed to and focused on achieving our company's core objectives and delivering value to our clients and their customers.
- We enjoy what we do and we always operate with respect and trust, in an ethical way.
- We value innovation and creativity. Every experience is a learning opportunity.
- We actively support our communities through various events such as charity events and local industry talks.
- Flexible working hours and location
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for each full year of service up to a maximum of 36 days
- Company performance bonus
- Long service award
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to reduced rate fitness scheme
- Free refreshments
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV which you can find below.
Initial interviews will be via telephone/Skype with our Training Manager and a member of the management team. If successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth which will last approximately 1 to 2 hours. You will be expected to deliver a training presentation and topic will be confirmed ahead of the interview.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion it is likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.