Purchase Ledger Clerk - Part Time 22.5 hours per week
Plymouth - Salary circa £19,500 pro rata per annum
We are looking for a part time and permanent Purchase Ledger Clerk. Hours will be 22.5 hours a week however these can be flexible.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
What you'll do
- Process supplier invoices
- Liaise with staff and management to gain appropriate information and approvals
- Code and post transactions
- Process cash and credit card expenses
- Deal with supplier queries
- Prepare payment runs
- Process bank postings and reconciliation
- Prepare and post accruals and prepayments
- Cost analysis and reporting
- Assist in the preparation of monthly accounts
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Who you are
- You will relevant experience of working in a similar role although formal qualifications are not essential
- You will have a good eye for detail
- Have excellent communication skills are essential
- Be flexible with the ability to multitask- the role offers lots of variety on a day to day basis
- Be able to own and plan your workload and work on your own using your own initiative
- Be able to work within a team
- Experience of accounting applications such as Sage would be desirable as well as a willingness to embrace new systems including bespoke applications
- Have good computer skills with a high level of competence in Word, Excel and Outlook.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme.
This post is based in Plymouth, UK.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.