Front End Web Developer
PLYMOUTH - SALARY UP TO £30K
At GOSS our mission is to ensure our clients maximise their online potential. We do this by harnessing the best internet technologies to deliver innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage. To do this we have to stay on the leading edge of technology and innovation.
The GOSS Digital Platform helps to drive digital transformation within a wide range of public and private sector organisations across the UK, and each week more than 3 million people experience our work. Building software at scale is fun, challenging and changing constantly. We have helped our clients deliver new online services to their citizens including ferry disruptions, improved waste collection solutions as well complex integration into various 3rd party systems.
We are looking for full and part time Software Developers to join our relaxed and friendly team based in Plymouth.
As a GOSS Front End Web Developer, you will work in a matrix team based in our large open plan office in Plymouth, delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects. You will be involved in all stages of the development lifecycle from design and estimation through to the build, deployment and ongoing support of our products and client solutions. You will bring coding expertise to the team, working closely with others to produce quality code that is efficient, maintainable and meets defined requirements. You will also work closely with our operational team which includes Project Managers, Sales and Support.
A degree (or equivalent) in Web Design and Development or a related discipline, and/or industry experience in a relevant field.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises over 60 people. We are a growing software business based on the edge of Dartmoor. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces and Government) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
At GOSS, our values help us to achieve our goals as well as contributing to making GOSS a great place to work and develop.
- We treat GOSS like it is our company. We take ownership for getting things done. Each of us is responsible for the quality of everything we do.
- We work together as one team, committed to and focused on achieving our company's core objectives and delivering value to our clients and their customers.
- We enjoy what we do and we always operate with respect and trust, in an ethical way.
- We value innovation and creativity. Every experience is a learning opportunity.
- We actively support our communities through various events such as charity events and local industry talks.
- Flexible working hours and location
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for each full year of service up to a maximum of 36 days
- Company performance bonus
- Long service award
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to reduced rate fitness scheme
- Free refreshments
Things you need to know
To apply, complete our short application form and upload your CV which you can find below.
Initial interviews will be via telephone/Skype with our Technical Lead and a Senior Creative Developer. If successful you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview here at the GOSS offices in Plymouth which will last approximately 1 hour. You will be expected to be able evidence previous examples of your work.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Due to the large volume of applications GOSS receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of applying, on this occasion its likely that you have been unsuccessful in your application.