Plymouth - Salary circa £23,000 per annum
We are looking for a full time and permanent, confident and experienced Sales Administrator to provide administrative support for all the company's sales activities. You will be responsible for promoting a professional image and ensuring that excellent customer service is provided at all times. This position requires you to work on your own initiative as part of a close-knit Sales and Marketing team, reporting to the Sales Director. This is an office based, customer focused role that is both proactive and reactive. You will be dealing with sales enquiries via the telephone and email, including managing company correspondence, quotations, contracts, billing queries and general customer information
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries and Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
What you'll do
- Process and provide quotations to clients and prospective clients, follow up, process purchase orders from customers and the sales team and route to appropriate member of staff.
- Advise customers of lead times or other order/product information as appropriate.
- Issue licences and contracts and ensure they are up to date.
- Answer the telephone and give information to callers or route calls to appropriate members of staff.
- Oversee, manage, respond to general company enquiry emails
- Deal with customer queries and complaints in accordance with company policy and maintain records for quality control and improvement purposes.
- Working alongside the Company Accounts department to manage invoicing and payment queries.
- Complete monthly framework spend and invoice reports for relevant framework providers.
- Undertake Salesforce administration - system administration and maintenance, monthly system back-ups, reporting and required changes.
- Support members of the Sales and Marketing department with administrative assistance.
- Compose and compile team meeting minutes and other routine correspondence.
- Organise and maintain all contractual correspondence in accordance with company guidelines.
- Assist with in-house and company audits.
Who you are
- You will have a calm and pleasant telephone manner.
- Having excellent communication skills are essential.
- Be flexible with the ability to multitask- the role offers lots of variety on a day to day basis.
- Be able to plan your own workload and work on your own using your own initiative.
- Be able to work within a team as well as providing support to the wider company.
- Have good computer skills with a high level of competence in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of Jira and Salesforce would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be given.
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief