Plymouth - To £35k depending on experience - Relocation available
We are looking for highly experienced Software Testers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Development Team, currently around 30 people, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects often using the latest technologies means that you can really showcase your skills.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
What you'll do
As a Software Tester you'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring new developments are verified in line with business needs
- Working with other departments to ensure briefs and projects timelines are met
- Writing test plans and test specifications
- Providing test result reports to feedback to clients
- Writing and maintaining unit tests and automatic scripts for UI and batch testing.
- Developing manual exploratory tests
- Championing process improvements to increase quality and improve efficiency
Who you are
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for delivering software of the highest quality
- Have experience with automatic unit testing and automatic UI testing
- Be able to write robust test scripts ( all technical languages considered)
- Take high level designs of tests and develop detailed tests to satisfy the full requirements
- Be capable of working simultaneously on different projects
- Be an excellent communicator and able to build successful working relationships around the business
- Have a logical and methodical approach to identifying use cases and test scenarios
What's it like to work at GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on-site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief