Software Developer Team Lead
PLYMOUTH - UP TO £70K BASED ON EXPERIENCE & RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with all aspects of the business from sales, solutions, support to infrastructure. Collect input and working with the CEO to produce a cohesive vision for the platform, prioritising and delivering against that vision.
- Ensure an ongoing incremental improvements for all our existing clients and amazing features to attract new business.
- Lead an agile team of Developers while working with Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a powerful platform that other applications and websites can be built on top of.
- The role will incorporate all aspects of the platform from designing and delivering API's, specifying and building backend services all the way to the delivery of front end services.
- You will be producing a platform that operates at scale (10,000's or more users per client), with horizontal scalability within a multi tenanted environment to the highest security standards.
- The development environment is very mature with robust version management, good build, deployment and CI/CD.
- You'll contribute towards our goal of continually improving our development processes and delivering outstanding software
- Managing the relationship within team as well as across the business.
- Research and development of new and innovative services from idea to delivery
- Maintaining an extensive heavily used codebase including refreshing and improving where required.
- Evaluate other PAAS services (commercial and Governmental) to further extend the capability of the platform.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a great people manager who can motivate and enthuse a team
- You are an accomplished developer with a good understanding of many languages both OO and functional programming styles.
- You have a good understanding of system design and the ability to orchestrate systems and workflows
- You have a good knowledge of web services and the use of API's
- You have experience of working with dynamic web applications
- You understand good design principles such as the separation of concerns
- Any experience of automated testing software such as JMeter. Selenium or TestCafe would be beneficial
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief