Software Test and QA Manager
PLYMOUTH - UP TO £50K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an experienced Test and QA Manager to redevelop and take ownership of the testing strategies used across many of the teams here at GOSS. In this brand new role the successful candidate will have a proven track record in QA and testing and be able to drive change across the business, building upon the good practice already in place and leading in areas they identify for improvement.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government both local and central) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our Test Manager you'll be responsible for:
- Developing and owning the company's testing strategy
- Scoping, producing, and implementing project test strategies that cover test team structure, tools, automated testing, development methodology and risk
- Supporting and managing QA team members who are working on projects across various parts of the business
- Promoting effective collaboration and knowledge sharing across teams
- Contributing to project status meetings, agile planning, and daily scrums
- Creating an environment that promotes a high level of software quality
- Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, then working to mitigate those risks
- Planning, preparing and facilitating UAT sessions
- Monitoring and reporting testing progress across teams
- Reviewing test requirements based on software design and functional requirement documentation
- Engaging and communicating with key business and client stakeholders
To support your success in this role we anticipate you'll spend the first six months familiarising yourself with the complete GOSS product range. You'll get hands-on with our existing QA team, testing ongoing product and client projects. With our Product, Platform and Solutions teams you'll work to develop our new QA strategy, then plan its roll-out.
Once you're up to speed you'll be tasked with implementing the new strategy. That will include support and mentoring as the strategy is put in place, reporting back on the KPIs defined at the planning stage, and using feedback to review and improve the way QA and testing are carried out across our teams of developers. You'll also be ready to meet our clients at our biannual User Groups.
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate should have experience in the following:
- Website testing, including automated web testing
- End to end testing across multiple systems and platforms
- An advanced knowledge of software testing theories and practices
- Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of functional, non-functional, and security testing
- Running coaching sessions and providing individual support to developers to improve their testing and risk analysis skills
- Working in an agile environment
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in implementing tools and frameworks to improve the QA and development process. This may include building new bespoke tools
- Experience in software QA with well developed exploratory testing skills
- An understanding and appreciation of user journeys and customer experience
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, on site parking, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief