Developing World Class Digital Services
Our trusted approach to digital transformation provides a route through the maze of the new world of digital standards. We can help you to deliver world class digital services whilst achieving successful digital assessments.
Confused by the different digital standards that have been introduced recently? Understand how they apply to your organisation and the transformation of your services? We have mapped our tried and tested approach to digital transformation against the digital standards for central government, local government and Scotland.
...is that we really do understand digital transformation:
- we have been doing it for many years
- we have worked with all types of public sector organisations as well as private sector to help them on their journey and,
- we have a long history of working in local government doing just this.
So, what are the different digital standards?
- Government Digital Services (GDS) Digital Service Standard - a set of 18 criteria to help government create and run good digital services
- The Local Government Digital Service Standard - 15 standards suggesting a common approach for local authorities to deliver good quality, user centred, value for money digital services
- myGov.Scot Digital First Service Standard - a set of 22 criteria that all digital services developed by Scottish Central Government sector organisations and Scottish Government corporate services must meet
All of the above define a logical approach to the design of digital services that are led by user needs, and built and tested in an iterative manner. These standards help the organisation to enable new delivery methods and continuous improvement through setting and monitoring performance indicators.
How can we assist you?
The GOSS Transformation team have been ensuring that organisations develop and build user centred services for a number of years now. Our approach to transformation is based on our tried and tested digital transformation methodology:
This enables you to meet the requirements of whichever digital standard that you and your organisation need to comply with. Below we have shown how our approach enables you to demonstrate compliance with each of the standards and will help you to achieve successful assessments and digital transformation:
This methodology with a very practical approach allows us to support organisations as they build services based on the new standards and prepare for forthcoming assessments.
So, if you are embarking on a digital service design project or preparing for a digital service assessment and would like the security and confidence that we can offer, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project requirements and what we can offer to support you.
Our future series of blogs will focus in more detail on the GOSS digital transformation steps and the linkages with the digital standards to provide a real and robust solution to the challenges being laid down for when you have to develop and continuously improve fantastic new end-to-end digital services for your customers.
For more information about us, the work that we do and how we could help you deliver your transformation programmes visit www.gossinteractive.com/digital-transformation