Full Stack Developer
PLYMOUTH - TO £38K DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE - RELOCATION AVAILABLE
We are looking for experienced Full Stack Developers to join our friendly, innovative and growing Solutions team, based at our offices near Plymouth. Working on large scale, high profile projects using our latest technologies (forms, workflows and microservices) means that you can really showcase your skills. This role would be ideal for a problem solver with strong technical skills and a flexible approach to technology.
GOSS was founded in 1999, and today comprises 60+ people. We are an award-winning, growing software business - the largest in the South-West - based on the edge of Dartmoor, and with our nearest beach just 25 minutes away. Our clients range from the public sector (Police Forces, Government, Met Office) to private sector brands such as Brittany Ferries & Caledonian MacBrayne.
Every week more than 3 million people see and experience our work - we know as we've checked the logs!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in an agile matrix team environment with other Developers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UCD / UX Experts and Network Support Engineers delivering a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects - some client-facing, others around product development
- You will work closely with our solutions analysts to deliver well considered, easy to use, attractive web based applications
- You'll contribute towards our goal of continually improving our development processes and delivering outstanding software
- Help our Sales Teams to win more business by providing estimations and technical advice for quotes and bids
- From time to time, deliver off-site consultancy, training and attend client meetings
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a good understanding of system design and the ability to orchestrate systems and workflows
- You have a good knowledge of web services and the use of api's
- You have experience of working with dynamic web applications
- You understand basic design principles such as the separation of concerns
- Any experience of BPMN2 would be highly beneficial
- Any experience of automated testing software such as JMeter. Selenium or TestCafe would be beneficial
- Any knowledge and experience of applying UX principles and User Centred Design would also be beneficial
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK AT GOSS?
Staff enjoy a range of benefits such as company pension and bonuses, option to increase annual holiday entitlement, flexible working, dedicated time and support for personal development, fully funded professional training, team and company social events, access to on site fitness classes, free tea & coffee and Cycle to Work scheme
This post is based in Plymouth, UK
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief